Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

This Snake Cam Rocks !

VanGold MG5818 Snake Cam
I'm not a tool gal.  I can put a nail in the wall to hang a picture and use a screwdriver, but that's about it.  So last week when I dropped my ruby ring down the drain in my bathroom sink, I panicked.

I really didn't want to go to the expense of paying for a visit from the plumber if my ring washed right down the drain, but if it was in the "U" trap thing, I certainly wanted to get it out.

I couldn't see it just looking down the drain, and I was afraid to just try fishing it out blindly with a clothes hanger for fear of knocking it further down the drain.  So for a couple days I avoided using the sink and just pondered the problem.

I mentioned it to my girlfriend.  She said her husband had a "video snake cam".  A What ?

She and her husband came over last night with his snake cam.  It looks like a hand gun with a video screen and a long flexible tube ( see the picture I posted here ).  There is a camera on the end of the tube and a LCD video screen on the gun grip.  The camera even had little lights around it.

He stuck the flexible tube down the drain and within a couple second there it was, my ring sitting in the drain trap.  He then pulled the tube out, stuck a little hook thing on the end of it, and put it back down the drain.  With just a little maneuvering he was able to hook the ring.  It was so cool to watch it right on the tv screen.

Just moments later he pulled the tube and ring out of the drain.  How cool is that ?  I didn't even have to call a plumber !

I want a snake cam !



Snake Camera

No comments:

Post a Comment