Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Cheesy Pick Up Lines That Actually Work

I'll Give You Our Best List of 50 Cheesy Pick Up Lines

Hey guys, I was out with the gals last night and we got into a discussion about hooking up in bars.  We were about evenly divided between those that would and those that wouldn't.

Julie.. what a hag LOL!
 Well being a Yooper there's not much that intimidates me so I had to admit I've hooked up with guys in lots of places, not just bars.  Does that make me a tramp ?  Well ten years ago maybe, but not today.  I don't know any woman, when push came to shove, wouldn't admit the thought of a little anonymous sex on the hood of a car, in a crowded parking lot, isn't a mind blowing turn on.

So we invited a couple guys over to our table to get the male perspective.  No, we didn't hook up with any of them, we agreed to that before inviting them over.  We hung out with them for a couple hours and talked about women, men, what we believe, what they believe, etc..  It didn't hurt that someone kept ordering 'snake bite' shots to keep the conversation flowing.

I'm going to leave the bulk of that conversation for another post, and you won't want to miss it.  To give you a little preview, it turns out that guys and dolls pretty much all want nasty sex at some time...

Lacey, Kim, Pete, and Sara
..but in this blog I'm going to talk about 'pick up lines'.  The eight of us created a list of about 200 pick up lines that we one or more of us would fall for.  Not just chicks, but dudes too.  I'm going to list a few of them here, but before I do I want to re-print a little excerpt from a Psychology Today article on pick up lines... yeah.. nerdy me wanted to see if there was actually science behind it, turns out there is.

In the ’80s, Chris Kleinke and colleagues analyzed the effectiveness of 100 pick-up lines across a number of different settings, including bars, supermarkets, restaurants, laundromats, and beaches. 
They found three main categories of openers: direct gambits, which are honest and get right to the point (e.g, “I’m sort of shy, but I’d like to get to know you“), innocuous gambits, which hide a person’s true intentions (“e.g., “What do you think of this band?“), and cute/flippant gambits, which involve humor, but often in a cheesy, canned way (e.g., ”Do you have any raisins? No? Well then, how about a date?“.)*
cheesy pick up lines that work
Both men and women agreed that cute/flippant pick-up lines were the least attractive. Women, however, preferred innocuous lines and had a greater aversion to cute/flippant lines than men, while men had a greater preference for direct opening gambits than women. This basic pattern has been found over and over again in a variety of settings, including singles bars. What’s going on?
Trait perception plays a crucial role. We don’t have direct access to a person’s characteristics, so we infer underlying traits from overt behaviors. One study found that people perceive those who use innocuous lines as smarter and sexier than those who use cute/flippant lines.  Another study found that while women perceived men who use silly pick-up lines as more sociable, confident, and funny, they also perceived them as less trustworthy and intelligent. While all these traits are certainly valued in a mate, research shows that low trustworthiness and low intelligence are deal breakers for a long-term relationship, overriding other “luxuries”, such as humor and confidence.
© 2012 by Scott Barry Kaufman, Psychology Today

Okay, so with that in mind, I'm posting about 50 of the top winning cheesy prick up lines from our group.  You can see the complete list at one of my business blogs, checkout Secret Sexual Triggers.

Cheesy Pick Up Lines That Actually Work
  1. What’s that on your face? Oh, must just be beauty. Here, let me get it off. Hey, it’s not coming off!
  2. Your lips look so lonely…. Would they like to meet mine?
  3. Heaven’s missing an Angel.
  4. You hear that? The ocean wants you to join me for a drink.
  5. Is there an airport nearby or is that just my heart taking off?
  6. You must be a hell of a thief because you stole my heart from across the room.
  7. If God made anything more pretty, I’m sure he’d keep it for himself.
  8. Did you clean your pants with Windex? I can practically see myself in them.
  9. If you were a steak you would be well done.
  10. Damn girl, your legs go all the way up and make and ass of themselves!
  11. Hi, my name’s ______. You better remember it cause you’ll be screaming it later!!
  12. Did you have lucky charms for breakfast? Because you look magically delicious!
  13. I’m not drunk, I’m just intoxicated by you.
  14. Hello, I’m a thief, and I’m here to steal your heart.
  15. If you were a laser you would be set on stunning.
  16. Are you from Tennessee? ‘cuz your the only ten I see.
  17. (steps on some ice) Now that the ice is broken, what’s your name?
  18. Girl you so fine I wish I could plant you and grow a whole feild of y’all!
  19. Hey baby. You got a jersey? [A jersey?...Why?] Because I need your name and number.
  20. You’re like a dictionary, you add meaning to my life.
  21. I would say God bless you but it looks like he already did.
  22. What is your favorite color? [Color] Mine too!
  23. Are you a parking ticket? Because you’ve got FINE written all over you.
  24. See my friend over there? He wants to know if you think I’m cute.
  25. I hope you know CPR, because you take my breath away!
  26. Is it hot in here or is it just you?
  27. You’re so beautiful you made me forget my pick up line.
  28. Do you know karate? ‘Cause your body is really kickin’.
  29. Did the sun come out or did you just smile at me?
  30. You must be Jamaican, because Jamaican me crazy.
  31. If this bar is a meat market, you must be the prime rib.
  32. If I got a nickel for everyone I’ve met who is as beautiful as you, I’d have five cents.
  33. See these keys? I wish I had the one to your heart.
  34. Your smile lit up the room, so I just had to come over.
  35. Are you from Tennessee? Because you’re the only ten I see!
  36. If it weren’t for that DAMNED sun, you’d be the hottest thing ever created.
  37. “Excuse me, do you have the time?” You: “Do you have the energy?”
  38. Why don’t you surprise your roommate and not come home tonight?
  39. Do you want to see a picture of a beautiful person? (hold up a mirror)
  40. Did it hurt? (Did what hurt?) When you fell out of heaven?
  41. If LOVE was written on every grain of sand in the Sahara Desert that still doesn’t equal my love for you.
  42. What’s a nice girl like you doing in a dirty mind like mine?
  43. You may fall from the sky, you may fall from a tree, but the best way to fall… is in love with me.
  44. Hello are you married? [Yes] Well I didn’t hear you say “happily”.
  45. You shouldn’t wear makeup. It’s messing with perfection!
  46. Come live in my heart, and pay no rent.
  47. I’m not drunk, I’m just intoxicated by you.
  48. Can I buy you a drink or do you just want the money?
  49. I would die a million deaths if it meant I could be with you!
  50. My name isn’t Elmo, but you can tickle me any time you want to.

Don't forget to check back next week, I'm going to give you the real dirt on what men and women think after a few drinks a the local watering hole LOL!

Cheers
Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment